How Stepper Motors Function For Industrial NeedsAUG.03,2022
Advantages Of Choosing The Nema MotorsAUG.03,2022
Know About The Different Kinds Of Stepper MotorAUG.03,2022
How to choose a ball screw stepper motor?AUG.03,2022
Seven advantages of closed-loop stepping motor.JUL.21,2022
NEMA 11 Reducer Stepper Motor Running Test.JUL.19,2022
How to calculate static moment?JUL.16,2022
Uses of a Nema Stepper MotorJUL.11,2022
Understanding the Features of High Torque Stepper MotorJUL.11,2022
Understanding the Role of Geared Stepper MotorJUL.11,2022
1. The number of phases of a stepper motor refers to the number of coil groups inside the motor. At present, two-phase, three-phase, four-phase, and five-phase stepper motors are commonly used. The number of phases of the motor is different, and the step angle is also different. Generally, the step angle of a two-phase motor is 1.8 degrees, a three-phase motor is 1.5 degrees, and a five-phase motor is 0.72 degrees. When there is no subdivision drive, users mainly rely on selecting stepping motors with different phase numbers to meet the step angle requirements. If a subdivision driver is used, the number of phases will become meaningless, and the user only needs to change the subdivision number on the driver to change the step angle.
2. The two-phase stepping motor has only two windings on the stator and four outgoing wires. The full step is 1.8° and the half step is 0.9°. In the driver, it is enough to control the on-off and current direction of the two-phase winding current.
3. The stepping motor cannot be used under normal conditions like ordinary DC motors and AC motors. It must be composed of a double ring pulse signal, power drive circuit, etc. to form a control system before it can be used. Therefore, it is not easy to make good use of stepper motors. It involves many professional knowledge of machinery, motors, electronics and computers.
4. The stepper motor is an open-loop control element that converts electrical pulse signals into angular displacement or linear displacement. In the case of non-overload, the speed and stop position of the motor only depend on the frequency and pulse number of the pulse signal, and are not affected by the load change, that is, when a pulse signal is added to the motor, the motor will rotate through a step angle. The existence of this linear relationship, coupled with the characteristics of the stepper motor having only periodic errors and no cumulative errors. This makes it very simple to use a stepper motor to control the speed, position and other control fields.
5. The stepper motor is used in low-speed occasions, and the speed does not exceed 1000 revolutions per minute. It is best to use between 1000-3000PPS. It can be made to work here through a deceleration device. At this time, the motor has high working efficiency and low noise. It is best not to use the full-step state, the vibration is large in the full-step state.