How Stepper Motors Function For Industrial NeedsAUG.03,2022
Advantages Of Choosing The Nema MotorsAUG.03,2022
Know About The Different Kinds Of Stepper MotorAUG.03,2022
How to choose a ball screw stepper motor?AUG.03,2022
Seven advantages of closed-loop stepping motor.JUL.21,2022
NEMA 11 Reducer Stepper Motor Running Test.JUL.19,2022
How to calculate static moment?JUL.16,2022
Uses of a Nema Stepper MotorJUL.11,2022
Understanding the Features of High Torque Stepper MotorJUL.11,2022
Understanding the Role of Geared Stepper MotorJUL.11,2022
The stepper motor has the characteristic of no accumulated error in the operation accuracy, which makes it widely used in various automatic control systems, especially the open-loop control system. Relatively complete description of stepper motor drive system made by motor:
Stepper motor and stepper motor driver constitute stepper motor drive system. The performance of stepper motor drive system depends not only on the performance of stepper motor itself, but also on the advantages and disadvantages of stepper motor driver. The research on stepper motor driver is almost synchronized with the research on stepper motor.
Stepper motor is an actuator that converts electric pulse into angular displacement. When the stepper motor driver receives a pulse signal (from the controller), it drives the stepper motor to rotate a fixed angle in the set direction (called "step angle"), and its rotation runs step by step at a fixed angle.
The stepper motor cannot be directly connected to DC or AC power supply, and a special driving power supply (stepper motor driver) must be used. The controller (pulse signal generator) can control the angular displacement by controlling the number of pulses, so as to achieve the purpose of accurate positioning; At the same time, the speed and acceleration of motor rotation can be controlled by controlling the pulse frequency, so as to achieve the purpose of speed regulation.
Stepper motors are classified according to working mode: they can be divided into power type and servo type.
(1) Power type: the output torque is large and can directly drive large loads (generally reactive and hybrid stepping motors are used).
(2) Servo type: the output torque is small and can only drive a small load (permanent magnet and hybrid stepping motors are generally used).
Selection of stepping motor:
(1) First select the type, followed by the specific variety and model.
(2) The performance indexes, overall dimensions, installation methods, types of pulse power supply and control circuits of reactive, permanent magnet and hybrid stepping motors are different, and the prices are also very different, so they should be comprehensively considered in the selection.
(3) Stepper motors with control integrated circuits shall be preferred.